About Decisive Point
Decisive Point is a venture investment firm focused on critical technologies for aerospace & defense, energy, and critical infrastructure. Founded in 2018, Decisive Point is an investment firm committed to supporting the strategic national interests of the United States and its allies. We leverage our expertise in federal acquisitions and government R&D funding to de-risk investment in early stage innovations and accelerate the growth of technologies that will protect the world.
Decisive Point is seeking a Venture Capital Analyst/Associate Summer Intern to join our team and support our venture investment practice. You will conduct market research, due diligence, financial analysis, and engage directly with startups (both potential investments and portfolio companies). This role sits at the intersection of national security, government, and technology, allowing you to gain valuable exposure to both the federal market and early-stage startup ecosystems.
- Conduct market research to identify new investment opportunities
- Analyze financials of potential investments and provide relevant insights
- Conduct competitive analysis across multiple technology verticals
- Prepare summaries of research and draft investment memos
- Engage directly with startups and end-users to better understand a technology’s product-market fit
- Support creation of quarterly fund performance summaries and reports for investors
- Current student at a top-tier College of University (Undergraduate or Graduate program)
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Excellent writer capable of generating concise summaries of highly technical subject matter
- Effective communicator capable of creating highly polished presentations and research summaries
- Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, and works with integrity
- Understanding of the Defense and National Security innovation ecosystem
- Interest in National Security and Defense
This role is expected to be full-time and in-person; however, remote applicants will also be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.