Senior Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Edge Impulse is the leading edge AI platform, enabling all enterprises to build smarter edge products. Our technology empowers developers to bring more machine learning products to market faster. Enterprise teams develop industry-specific solutions in weeks instead of years because of the powerful automation and low-code capabilities we provide. We believe that data-centric engineering is the future of industry transformation, unlocking a positive impact on our society and environment.
Have a passion for distributed systems, user interaction, accessibility, and delivering customer value? Our company could be your next career step. Our studio team is the glue for all user-facing Edge Impulse features. We are responsible for the polished studio.edgeimpulse.com UI and the Edge Impulse API and CLI. Because we build and support the overall Edge Impulse platform, we seek truly full-stack programmers who thrive on cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
- Work closely with our UX and Marketing teams to design and develop new features for Studio.
- Work with our world class ML team to expose the results of their research through Studio. You are not required to have an ML background, but you should at least be ready to learn!
- Maintain and extend the Edge Impulse API and CLI. We love happy developers.
- Carry cross team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level. Our team is growing!
- Help our Embedded team to integrate new deployment targets in Studio. Although it is nice to have, you do not need to have experience with embedded development. We have an amazing team of engineers who already take care of the low level bits of our stack.
Preferred skills and experience
- A minimum of five years of software development experience.
- Proven experience working with data storage systems, at scale and in a team environment using technologies such as PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Proficiency in TypeScript and NodeJS or similar technologies with a desire to learn.
- Understand how containers work and have experience with Docker.
- Experience and comfort level working on a distributed, remote team.
- Demonstrable expertise working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Azure and/or GCS.
- Appreciate delivering work incrementally to get feedback and iterating over solutions.
- Have a passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Background and interest in Machine Learning and/or mathematics.
- Familiarity with data visualization principles and visualization frameworks like D3.js
- Familiarity with monitoring and observability tools like DataDog.
- We strongly believe in fostering an inclusive environment where your expertise in full-stack programming and your understanding of accessibility and UX design can thrive.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate diversity in our remote, global organization. We value inclusivity across our teams. We encourage applicants of all genders to apply for this position. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.