Senior Finance Manager
Pendulum Systems, Inc. “Pendulum” is seeking a to join our team. It will be the primary effort of the Sr. Finance Manager to design and build a system of financial clarity and accuracy to empower informed decision making by Pendulum leadership. This person will be responsible for coordinating the financial processes, including interfacing with the international accounting team and driving the budgeting processes in collaboration with a financial contracting partners. This manager will lead and execute trend analytics and manage adherence to compliance practices. Success will be transparency and clarity into the company financial position at a company level and across our three divisions; commercial, national security, and global development. Pendulum has products across all three sectors, each has slightly different financial reporting requirements and needs.
The Sr. Finance Manager must be a creative and proactive financial tracking and communication professional. The Sr. Finance Manager will be responsible for identifying, tracking and monitoring key financial metrics. They will be an early warning signal for the health of the deployments, divisions and company as a whole. This means they will have direct access to the Executive Leaders and expected to be proactive in managing awareness across leadership. The Sr. Finance Manager works directly with the internal executive team and external finance team and will over time act as a strategic financial partner and advisor to leadership.
The Sr. Financial Manager will provide a strategic view of the company’s finances, not just an operational day-to-day determination of events. The Sr. Finance Manager advises and manages all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, financial planning, cost control, forecasting needs, and financial reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Drive precise, timely, and clear financial reporting for the three divisions, and the company. To include, but not limited to financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process to provide accurate financial projections.
- Conduct financial analysis and identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and other legal requirements.
- Manage cash flow, including monitoring cash balances and preparing cash flow forecasts. Maintains laser focus on short and long-term cash flow activities – raise flags early, address problems quickly.
- Liaise with external auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with all company requirements.
- Provide financial awareness and support to senior management and department heads, both in one-on-one format as well as reporting.
- Create and maintain unique financial KPIs that support the growth of every department.
- Develop a sound understanding of the core systems and software being used for managing day-to-day operations, and make recommendations if software is not meeting needs.
- In collaboration with HR/Operations, ensure strict application and compliance of the company’s financial and HR management policies, procedures & controls. Ensure regulatory compliance and 100% timely payment of various taxes and reporting. Could also include international compliance.
- Take the lead in day-to-day financial operations, and proactively approach projects with growth in mind.
- Comfortable presenting to and attending meetings with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Oversee work performed by outside accounting services, ensuring reporting is in accordance with accounting standards and other compliance requirements.
- Establish a monthly reporting system to account for revenue booking and invoicing, sales tax and shipping cost charges, tracking of deferred revenue, customer cash receipts and accounts receivable.
● At least 5-8 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance or a similar role
● Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
● CIIA or CFA qualification holder or MBA highly preferred
● Military or government contract experience is a bonus
● Past work in a start-up is a bonus
● Deep knowledge using QuickBooks.
● Experience engaging with aspects of accounting (audits, COA, closing the books) with strong attention to detail.
● Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) inEnglish. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely.Ability to convert detailed financial analysis to understandable summaries and recommendations for management and board of directors.
● Ability to thrive independently in a fast-paced international environment with changing priorities and ambiguous situations
● Commitment and passion for the mission and values ofPendulum and its strategic vision.
● Acumen and finesse to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
● Integrity, assertiveness, ability to build trust, and exceptional judgment
● Leadership skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external constituents.
● Must be proactive, anticipating questions and problems, and adhering to deadlines.
● Drive action – every day.