Sr. Firmware Engineer Embedded Systems
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Pison is developing breakthrough consumer and healthcare products that are harnessing the power of the mind. We’ve pioneered the science of electroneurography (ENG) to non-invasively sense, analyze, and apply electrical signals coming from the brain. Our neural biosensor and artificial intelligence software are opening a new window to thousands of new, neural-based applications that can improve human health and wellness and help individuals control their environment via gesture recognition. Our vision is to deliver real-time, actionable insights into the state of the body’s nervous system, guiding users to better health and higher achievement in every domain of human endeavor.
Pison has a roadmap involving development of our own end user product, and longer term a chip being developed into many OEM end user products. Our existing product needs support iterating, developing new features, reducing power consumption, and fixing bugs. Our future chip will need support developing firmware and SDK access.
This position is located in our Boston, MA office. This position would be expected to be onsite at least 3 times per week.
- Work with product leads to develop a firmware roadmap aligned with priorities: day-to-day includes agile processes - reporting on progress in stand ups, driving firmware sprint planning
- Develop efficient, low power firmware supporting our existing customers
- Work with tech team to develop firmware roadmap for future chip solution
- Develop code and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Ensuring the developed code and features are properly documented and organized
- Take ownership and develop current ideas to improve the product
- Collaborate with cross functional team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years related experience required.
- Driver development, bootloaders, efficient architectures
- Experience with electrical lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators)
- Familiar with digital embedded microcontroller schematics
- Expert with C and C++
- Good analytical and debugging
- Ability to guide critical system decisions
- Experience with MCUs, sensors and Bluetooth sub-modules. (Preferably ICs from Nordic Semiconductor, STMicro)
- Familiar with digital protocols including I2C, UART, SPI, USB, etc.
- Knowledgeable of Git, Bash. Python would be a bonus
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Excellent ability to get organized, prioritize work, produce a plan and then execute it.
- Innovative - works to figure out the problem with creative solutions.
** This Employer Participates in E-Verify **
We understand that candidates can feel discouraged if they do not tick every box. We encourage you to apply. Pison is building a diverse team with people from all backgrounds who can help us build an inclusive organization.