Sr. Software (Cloud) Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Pison is developing breakthrough consumer and healthcare products that are harnessing the power of the mind. We’ve pioneered the science of electroneurography (ENG) to non-invasively sense, analyze, and apply electrical signals coming from the brain. Our neural biosensor and artificial intelligence software are opening a new window to thousands of new, neural-based applications that can improve human health and wellness and help individuals control their environment via gesture recognition. Our vision is to deliver real-time, actionable insights into the state of the body’s nervous system, guiding users to better health and higher achievement in every domain of human endeavor.
Pison’s dynamic software team is at the forefront of developing cutting-edge direct-to-consumer products featuring proprietary neural sensor technology. We are in search of an adept cloud software engineer with a proven track record as a technical lead (product owner) for Pison Cloud on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We seek a service-minded Engineer to collaborate seamlessly with our Machine Learning and mobile Software Engineers, establishing a robust foundation for data collection, algorithm development, and integration with 3rd party partners seeking to harness neural and physiological data from our wearable devices. The ideal candidate will have experience working closely with Product Managers, refine requirements, and rapidly incorporating designs into products. As Pison continues to expand its Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) roadmap, this role is pivotal in ensuring both short-term needs and long-term goals are met, solidifying Pison’s position in the wearable device industry.
- Collaborate with Pison’s software mobile engineers to enhance data collection and processing within Pison’s existing Cloud platform.
- Design and deploy microservices on Pison Cloud (GCP-based) that seamlessly integrate with Pison’s diverse DaaS customers, both external and internal.
- Work closely with Pison’s Algorithm team (Machine Learning and Research Engineers) to ensure cutting-edge data quality and accessibility is for the consumer market.
- Partner with Product Managers to refine requirements and swiftly develop iterative designs incorporated into Pison Cloud, supporting existing products developed using Django stack that communicates with microservices.
- Write and maintain (g)RPC microservices that integrate with and communicate effectively with existing custom mobile applications, providing neurological and physical insights to users.
- Offer feedback, implement improvements, and educate the entire Engineering organization on best practices to enhance Pison Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline integration using GitHub Actions deploying microservices to GCP.
- Ensure high speed transfer of data data between systems, especially between mobile applications and cloud microservices.
- Over 5 years of experience developing microservices to GCP, AWS, or similar cloud environments.
- Proficient in Dart/Flutter programming languages (or similar; i.e. Python, Typescript, Java, etc.).
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services and experience using Google Firebase (Cloud Firestore, Authentication) or similar.
- Proven track record of delivering production-level cloud tools and APIs that scale to millions of users.
- Significant experience in writing API documentation and supporting external users of data services.
- Experience writing SQL queries and managing databases (i.e. SQLite, Postgres). Knowledgeable about database optimization techniques that support the delivery of high performing back-end systems.
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, Google Cloud Run (or similar), Google Cloud Functions (AWS Lambda or similar), and Docker are a must.
- Experience with Python and Django is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field is a plus.
- Released production-level cloud services at large scale.
- Worked alongside Product, System Engineering, and QA departments to deliver robust and high-quality software.
- Experience in projects requiring cross-team collaboration with Hardware, Firmware, and mobile teams.
** This Employer Participates in E-Verify **
We understand that candidates can feel discouraged if they do not tick every box. We encourage you to apply. Pison is building a diverse team with people from all backgrounds who can help us build an inclusive organization.