VP of Finance
Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Vice President of Finance
Radiant is looking for an entrepreneurial, results-driven Vice President of Finance to own the organization’s financial and accounting operations. You will be responsible for overall financial strategy, planning, budgeting, FP&A, and accounting. You will be a strategic partner with senior leadership, people operations, and the board of directors on the financial health and growth of the organization. You will design and build processes and standards that promote accountability and optimize revenue goals. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced start-up environments and is excited about the role of nuclear power providing reliable, zero-carbon energy for microgrids.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based on-site in El Segundo, California.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Own financial modeling and forecasting, cash burn, and cap tables.
- Serve as financial advisor to C-level executives and Board of Directors including financial insights, operating expenses, headcount, and forecasting.
- Ensure all financial reporting requirements are met, including tax filings and regulatory compliance.
- Craft strategic future funding plans and generate funding opportunities.
- Develop and track budgeting strategy with each function and ensure adherence.
- Manage accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger maintenance.
- Build KPIs and reporting metrics to instill best practices and a sustaining, growing business.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree at accredited institution.
- 10+ years industry experience in finance.
- Experience leading a finance, accounting, FP&A or related function.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Direct experience in venture-backed, high growth start-ups, hardware space a plus.
- Proven supply chain management experience: negotiating contracts, evaluating vendor relationships, and delivering to high standards.
- Working knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, and other operational areas.
- Deep understanding of startup financial modeling and accounting.
- Strong operational focus that drives efficiency and execution while building trust and aligning with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in fundraising through venture capital, debt and government vehicles.
- High level of comfort generating board material.
- Self-directed and proactive with the ability to adapt to competing and changing priorities.
- CPA a plus.
Employee Benefits for Eligible Employees:
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees.
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- One Medical: Sponsored memberships for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: 100% top tier plan coverage + 50% for dependents.
- Dental: 100% top tier plan coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents.
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks onsite.
- Vacation/Sick time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.This position involves access to technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. Any job offer made will be contingent upon the applicant’s capacity to serve in compliance with U.S. export controls.