Product Marketing Lead
Sync Computing is a SaaS startup on a mission to dramatically improve how engineers interact with cloud computing resources. Sync's vision is to dramatically improve engineering productivity, reduce risk for mission critical workloads, and significantly reduce total cost of large scale resources. Our first product will be an Autotuner for Apache Spark, helping data engineers select the most optimal infrastructure for each workload.
Sync Computing is hiring a Product Marketing Lead, reporting to the VP of Product. You’ll play an integral role in shaping the Product Marketing strategy and driving execution for product launches and a range of go-to-market initiatives. Working at the intersection of product, engineering, revenue, and customer success, you will partner with various teams to optimize product launches to help drive acquisition, retention, and monetization initiatives. You’ll be a primary driver of developing and scaling best-in-class growth initiatives, and will be the marketing lead on GTM activities. The first hire in marketing, this role is ideal for a creative, data-driven marketer who’s passionate about leveraging marketing and product strategies to drive growth.
- Collaborate on product strategy, including tiers, upgrade paths, and in app messaging.
- Leverage analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to optimize the customer journey in order to drive usage and revenue growth.
- Drive impactful product launches - you will own the positioning, the content as well as the internal enablement.
- Own messaging across the funnel, including website and in-app messaging, and testing various messaging concepts.
- Develop strategy for and build out the Developer Community around Sync users and potential users.
- Partner on pricing and packaging strategy to help us monetize effectively while delivering maximum value to our users and their organizations.
- Acquire empathy for both your internal partners and end users, with strong experience being the internal voice of the customer.
- Partner with product management on opportunity analysis, GTM strategy, and competitive research.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, driving alignment, and working cross-functionally with product, design, customer success, and revenue teams.
- Define and own growth KPIs (e.g. product qualified leads, churn, retention).
- 7+ years of relevant experience in product marketing or related functions, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment, ideally for a product targeted at software engineers.
- Ability to break down complex technical problems and communicate value to technical and non technical audiences.
- Experience and desire to work at an early stage startup and wear multiple hats.
- Experience working with agile product teams.
- Proven ability to build integrated strategy across developer communities, product-led growth, and digital marketing.
- Storytelling skills with the ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points.
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams (from Leadership to IC levels), spearhead complex plans, and present with varied audiences, including internal stakeholders, videos, user guides, and industry events.
- Experience with market segmentation analysis, market sizing, and competitor analysis.
- Highly effective listening skills, deep customer empathy, and ability to translate into actionable insights.
- Experience generating qualitative and quantitative insights and using them to inform strategies and decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on
- A curiosity about and desire to improve the lives of engineers and data teams.
- Proven self-starter with experience being the first hire and building a practice from the ground up.